Salt Lake City Stars Earn Award For ‘Autism Awareness Night’ Held In March
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The NBA G League announced the Salt Lake City Stars as recipients of the NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Program Award following the team’s “Autism Awareness Night.”
The Stars held “Autism Awareness Night” on March 2 and raised $3,000 for Vivint Gives Back.
During the game against the South Bay Lakers, the Stars wore an autism awareness inspired jersey that featured a puzzle piece design.
“We are very appreciative of the recognition of our efforts from the NBA G League and remain committed to continue to use our platform to make a positive impact in our community,” said Jonathan Rinehart, president of the Salt Lake City Stars. “The award for our Autism Awareness Night is a testament to a total team effort by so many people working together for a cause, including Vivint Gives Back, Stars staff, coaches and players, as well as the support of Joe Ingles and the entire Jazz organization.”
“This year’s recipients of the NBA G League Team Business and Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Awards are the finest representations of the innovative thinking and deep commitment to their communities that all of our teams embody,” said NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim. “Whether it is through technology or personal interaction, our teams continue to create strong bonds with people that help grow the game around the world.”
The Stars auctioned off the unique jerseys and sold limited edition bobbleheads featuring Utah Jazz forward Joe Ingles. In 2019, Ingles and his wife Renae announced that their son Jacob was diagnosed with autism.
“No matter what you’re going through or what you’re dealing with, we feel everyone should be included in everything,” said Ingles about the Stars’ Autism Awareness Night.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)