Raiders Announce No Fans At Games For Inaugural Season At Allegiant Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Las Vegas Raiders announced there will be no fans allowed at home games for the 2020 season as the United States deals with the COVID-19 pandemic, according to 3 News Las Vegas.
The team made the announcement through an email sent to personal seat license holders on Monday.
“There is nothing more important to the Raider Organization than the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff, stadium workers, and fans,” the email read, “After intensive consultation with healthcare officials and state and community leaders, we have made the difficult decision to play the Las Vegas Raiders 2020 Inaugural Season at Allegiant Stadium without fans in attendance.”
Currently, Nevada’s COVID-19 plan does not allow for fans to attend live sporting events.
According to the email, PSL holders can either get a full refund or apply the tickets to the 2021 season.
The new Las Vegas Raiders first-ever game at Allegiant Stadium is scheduled for September 21 against the New Orleans Saints.
This will be the Raiders’ first season in Vegas at the stadium after moving from Oakland following the 2019 season.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth services through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
- BYU To Wear Tradition-Rich Uniform Combination Against LA Tech - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2473)
- BYU After Dark Shifts To Day Time With Announced Kickoff, TV Info For UTSA Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2036)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Shows Up On "Way Too Early Heisman" List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1797)
- BYU Football TV Ratings For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1463)
- Utah Jazz NBA Draft Prospects: BYU Forward Yoeli Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1004)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 999)
- BYU Football TV Ratings For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 846)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 722)
- BYU To Wear Tradition-Rich Uniform Combination Against LA Tech - KSL Sports (pageviews: 692)