Tony Finau Makes Inroads During Second Round At St. Jude Invitational
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Tony Finau shot a two-under-par, 68 to give himself a chance heading into the weekend at the prestigious WGC FedEx St. Jude Invitational in Memphis, Tennesse.
Finau’s round consisted of six birdies, two bogeys and one double bogey. Finau teed off at 8 a.m. when the weather was ideal for golf, however, midway through his round the wind picked up and conditions became far more challenging. The double-bogey came on the par 3 11th and only two of the six birdies came on the back nine.
Finau averaged 303.5 yards per drive, however, the narrow fairways were an issue for Finau who only managed to hit 42.9 percent of the fairways when tasked with a par 4 or 5. Furthermore, his greens in average statistics were troubling as well as Finau only hit 10 out of 18 greens in regulation.
Despite the issues that Finau faced, he still managed to finish in red figures ahead of the weekend and sits nine shots off the leader Brendon Todd.
A total of 78 players are in the field and hence there will be no cut following the conclusion of Friday’s round.
The tournament offers the largest prize pool since the PGA-Tour re-start in mid-June with the winner expected to take home $1.74 million.
Finau will have to wait until play concludes on Friday to learn of his tee time for Saturday’s round.
Golf content on KSLSports.com is sponsored by Heber Valley Golf Courses.
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)