Green Bay Packers Release First Photo Of Quarterback Jordan Love In Team’s Green/Gold Jersey
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Green Bay Packers released the first photo of their first-round pick and former Utah State quarterback Jordan Love in the team’s green and gold jersey.
The Packers shared the photo of Love via the team’s official Twitter account on Friday, July 31.
“@jordan3love in green & gold,” tweeted the Wisconsin based NFL team.
Green Bay selected the former Utah State QB with the 26th overall pick during the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Packers traded up from their original draft slot at pick No. 30 and sent that pick to the Miami Dolphins before selecting Love.
He was the 4th quarterback selected in April’s Draft.
Green Bay went to a 13-3 in 2019 and reached the NFC Championship game.
Jordan Love’s Utah State Career
Love joined Utah State’s program as a freshman in 2016. USU was the only FBS school to offer Love a scholarship after his career at Liberty High School in Bakersfield, California.
During his first year in Logan, the quarterback sat out as a redshirt.
In 2017, the redshirt-freshman QB played in 12 games including six starts to close out the season. He ended the year completing 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,631 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. Love set a Utah State record for most passing yards by a freshman in a season.
As a sophomore in 2018, Love had a breakout season. The quarterback completed 64.0 percent of his throws for 3,567 yards, 32 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. He recorded the 10th best passing efficiency (158.3) in the country and threw for the eighth-most passing touchdowns in the nation.
Love’s junior season at Utah State had its ups and downs. Former Utah State head coach Matt Wells left Logan for Texas Tech at the end of 2018 and former Utah State head coach Gary Andersen was hired for a second time to lead the Aggies. Andersen and his staff maintained the previous staff’s offense with Love returning at quarterback. However, the Aggies lost a number of weapons from the 2018 season.
Despite those losses, the Utah State quarterback still recorded a completion percentage of 61.9 percent during his final season in Logan. He threw for 3,402 yards and 20 touchdowns but posted 17 interceptions. Love also set USU single-season school records in both completions and attempts.
In December 2019, Love announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.
He ended his Aggies career with Utah State records of 9,003 yards of total offense and 12 career 300-yard passing games.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 20403)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 10669)
- Page not found - KSL Sports (pageviews: 5595)
- BYU Basketball Receives Waiver For Westminster Transfer Brandon Warr - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4048)
- Report: Japan 'Privately Concludes' Tokyo Olympics Will Be Canceled Due To Coronavirus (pageviews: 3668)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3572)
- BYU/Portland: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2130)
- Donovan Mitchell Fastest Player In NBA History To Hit 600 Threes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1328)
- Early Look At Returning Leaders For BYU Football In 2021 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1163)
- Non Superstar Mitchell Leads Jazz To Seventh Straight Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1066)