Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Rejects Pelicans’ Forward Zion Williamson To Open Second Half
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert blocked a shot attempt by New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson to open the second half of the NBA’s opening game of the 2019-20 season restart.
Gobert and the Jazz played the Pelicans on Thursday, July 30, at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida.
The contest was the first NBA basketball game in four and a half months amid the coronavirus pandemic.
23 seconds into the third quarter, Gobert swatted a three-foot layup attempt by Williamson. Gobert’s block came with New Orleans leading Utah 60-48.
A few minutes later, Gobert swatted a field goal attempt by Pelicans center and former Jazzmen Derrick Favors.
The rejections were the second and third of the game by the two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year.
After struggling at the end of the first quarter and much of the second quarter, the Jazz fell behind by double-digits at halftime. The Jazz opened the third quarter on a 12-5 run.
Utah’s game against the New Orleans is broadcast on TNT, AT&T SportsNet, and 97.5 FM.
- Donald Trump Dunked Over By Jazz Bear At Michael Jordan Flu Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1648)
- Hello Heisman? Desmond Howard Would Put Stock Into BYU's Zach Wilson - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1283)
- Granite School District Reverses Cancellation, Says Kearns' Playoff Football 'Game Is On' (pageviews: 1124)
- Kearns High Football Ends Season Early Due To COVID-19, Forfeits Playoff Game (pageviews: 1111)
- BYU Football Midseason Report Card: Grading The Cougars Defense - KSL Sports (pageviews: 709)
- Hello Heisman? Desmond Howard Would Put Stock Into BYU's Zach Wilson - KSL Sports (pageviews: 498)
- Tony Finau Announces PGA Tour Return After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 301)
- High School Sports Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 298)
- Donald Trump Dunked Over By Jazz Bear At Michael Jordan Flu Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 297)