Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Rejects Pelicans’ Forward Zion Williamson To Open Second Half
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert blocked a shot attempt by New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson to open the second half of the NBA’s opening game of the 2019-20 season restart.
Gobert and the Jazz played the Pelicans on Thursday, July 30, at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida.
The contest was the first NBA basketball game in four and a half months amid the coronavirus pandemic.
23 seconds into the third quarter, Gobert swatted a three-foot layup attempt by Williamson. Gobert’s block came with New Orleans leading Utah 60-48.
A few minutes later, Gobert swatted a field goal attempt by Pelicans center and former Jazzmen Derrick Favors.
The rejections were the second and third of the game by the two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year.
After struggling at the end of the first quarter and much of the second quarter, the Jazz fell behind by double-digits at halftime. The Jazz opened the third quarter on a 12-5 run.
Utah’s game against the New Orleans is broadcast on TNT, AT&T SportsNet, and 97.5 FM.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)