Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans
ORLANDO, Fla. – Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell wore a bulletproof vest before the team took to the court to face the New Orleans Pelicans to bring awareness to racial injustice.
The Jazz game against the Pelicans marked the resumption of the NBA season after the league shut down in Oklahoma City on March 11.
Mitchell arrived at the HP Field House in Orlando wearing a bulletproof vest.
Mitchell discussed the vest following Utah’s 106-104 win over the Pelicans.
Mitchell has been vocal about honoring the life of Breonna Taylor, who was killed by police in her apartment. He will wear “Say Her Name” on the back of his jersey.
The Jazz star is wearing new shoes in the game. The message on the new D.O.N. Issue #2 says “ready for change” on the heel of the shoe. On the side of the shoe, it says “say their names.”
“I feel like as African American’s we’ve been crying for help and crying for someone to listen to us for so long,” Mitchell said. “With what’s been going on in the world now this is the perfect time to go out there and continue to have this uncomfortable conversation.”
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4079)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3426)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 2959)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 2595)
- BYU Basketball's Gavin Baxter To Have MRI On Injured Knee - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1180)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 1121)
- Podcasts Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 869)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 777)
- Unrivaled: BYU Must Add Games To Improve College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 649)