Utah Basketball Signs F Norbert Thelissen From Netherlands
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah men’s basketball program announced on Monday that they have signed forward Norbert Thelissen from the Netherlands.
Thelissen will be eligible for the 2021-22 season due to NCAA rules. He spent the last two-plus seasons with Heroes Den Bosch, making his debut in 2017. The ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherland native appeared in 19 games during the last two seasons.
Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak released the following statement on Monday.
“Norbert’s combination of experience, skill, athleticism and high basketball IQ really stood out to us,” Krystkowiak said. “We are very excited and grateful for his belief in our program and decision to play college ball rather than the professional route in Europe. Due to our current NCAA rules, Norbert will not be eligible for competition until fall of 2021.”
Thelissen played for his international team at the FIBA U20 European Championships. In Portugal, he averaged 11.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.3 blocks and 1.0 steals in eight games while shooting 74 percent.
“We hate to lose Norbert in our organization,” said Roel Van de Graaf, Sports Director for Heroes Den Bosch. “He was an amateur but always acted as a professional on and off the court. He has reached his potential and the Utah coaching staff and Andy Hill in particular did a great job in informing Norbert and his family. The style of play where the kids share the ball and create options for each other is a style Norbert is used to at Heroes Den Bosch. Again, we hate to see him go but we are proud he will be joining the University of Utah.”
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)