Report: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Former Utah State TE Dax Raymond
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed former Utah State tight end Dax Raymond.
According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Steelers snagged Raymond away from other teams that were interested in doing workouts with him.
The Steelers waived tight end Christian Scotland-Williamson before signing Raymond.
Raymond signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and was released by the team in April 2020. He suffered a head injury early in his career which landed him on the injured reserve list. Raymond landed on the Bears practice squad before being released.
In three seasons at Utah State, Raymond caught 72 passes for 873 yards and 3 touchdowns. His best season was as a sophomore in 2017 when he hauled in 41 receptions for 456 yards and one touchdown. After his junior season in 2018, Raymond decided to skip his senior season and declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)