Utah Royals FC, USWNT Defender Kelley O’Hara To Launch ‘Just Women’s Sports Podcast’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Royals FC and U.S. Women’s National Team defender Kelley O’Hara is set to launch a new podcast called “Just Women’s Sports Podcast.”
O’Hara recently spoke about the new venture with ESPN.
“What intrigued me and pulled me in to host this is I feel like a lot of times athletes are telling their stories through a journalist or a reporter and it’s not so much through their words. And there is something very special and different and unique about sitting down athlete to athlete and having a conversation,” O’Hara said. “I guess maybe not so much overlooked, but it’s just a different perspective because as the interviewer, as the host, the one asking the questions, I have shared experiences. It might not be in the same sport, but as a female athlete, there’s a lot of similarities — and just an athlete in general. For me, that’s what I found most intriguing. I love hearing people’s stories, their journeys, how they became successful. Because I know in my own story and journey, it’s very nuanced and complex and there’s a lot of stuff people don’t see. So kind of being able to open up a space where people can tell their stories.”
Former NWSL player and Just Women’s Sports founder/podcast producer Haley Rosen said that O’Hara is a “total natural” to host the podcast.
“Kelley is incredibly smart, she’s inquisitive, she’s thoughtful. She’s never done this before, but she’s a total natural. She’s just really smart, so these interviews are interesting, but they’re also fun and real,” Rosen told ESPN. “It’s interesting to hear Kelley answer the question about feeling comfortable or uncomfortable because I know during this process, I have pushed her out of her comfort zone. I just give her all the credit in the world because it’s scary to put yourself out there.”
The “Just Women’s Sports Podcast” launches on Tuesday, July 21 with an episode featuring O’Hara’s fellow USWNT teammate Alex Morgan.
Future episodes are slated to include guests in snowboarder Chloe Kim and WNBA stars Candace Parker and Breanna Stewart.
Click here to read O’Hara and Rosen’s full interview with ESPN.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)