Western Athletic Conference Announces Postponement Of UVU, Other WAC Fall Sports
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Western Athletic Conference announced that its fall sports, including Utah Valley University programs, have been postponed to at least early September.
The league released a statement with the decision on July 15.
“In consideration of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Western Athletic Conference Board of Directors today postponed the start of the fall season competition to no earlier than September 10 for women’s soccer and September 16 for volleyball and men’s soccer,” the league said.
WAC commissioner Jeff Hurd also commented on the postponement of fall sports.
“Two WAC committees, the Medical Advisory Group and the Contingency Planning Group, have been meeting on a weekly basis to ensure the safest manner for member institutions to conduct to fall competition,” Hurd said in a statement. “Their recommendations, which include a strong testing policy as well as a requirement for each of our institutions to put together an Emergency Action Plan, were reviewed and approved by the Board.”
The WAC said the delay in fall sports is “to allow all teams to safely re-acclimate to training and competition following the cancellation of most organized spring and summer conditioning programs.”
On July 16, the West Coast Conference followed the WAC in postponing its fall sports.
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4937)
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 3370)
- BYU/Pepperdine: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2318)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1983)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Breaks Ankles As He Lights Up Pelicans To Start Game (pageviews: 1471)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1437)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1258)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1104)
- Jazz Vs. Warriors: Game Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 937)