Sporting Kansas City Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Sporting Kansas City player has received a pair of consecutive positive COVID-19 test reports, according to a club statement. The news comes just two days prior to SKC’s first MLS Is Back tournament match against Minnesota United.
Every other member in the SKC traveling party tested negative, however, due to league protocol, every SKC player will be required to take one test per day for the following 14-days.
The match between SKC and Minnesota United will continue to kick-off as originally scheduled on Sunday.
Real Salt Lake is scheduled to play SKC on July 22nd. The match will signify the final group stage match for both clubs.
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2077)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1982)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1411)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1295)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 888)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 705)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 699)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 616)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 597)