Report: Three Redskins Minority Owners Seeking To Sell Shares
LANDOVER, Md. – Three Washington Redskins minority owners are looking to sell their shares of the team.
According to the Washington Post, the trio owners are “not happy being a partner” with owner Daniel Snyder. The three minority owners looking to sell their shares include prominent businessmen Robert Rothman, Dwight Schar and Frederick W. Smith. The trio combined own about 40 percent of the Redskins. They have hired an investment banking firm to undergo a search for possible buyers.
Pro Football Talk first reported that Schar and Smith were trying to sell their stakes.
On Friday, July 3, the Redskins released the following statement after the franchise said they will “undergo a thorough review of the team’s name.”
“In light of recent events around our country and feedback from our community, the Washington Redskins are announcing the team will undergo a thorough review of the team’s name,” the team said a statement on Friday, June 3. “This review formalizes the initial discussions the team has been having with the league in recent weeks.”
“This process allows the team to take into account not only the proud tradition and history of the franchise but also input from our alumni, the organization, sponsors, the National Football League and the local community it is proud to represent on and off the field,” team owner Dan Snyder said in a statement.
Over the last week, the Redskins’ stadium sponsor FedEx asked the team to change their nickname and when a search for the term “Redskins” came up with zero results on Nike’s website.
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3423)
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2082)
- Dixie State Football Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2002)
- Report: Power 5 Conference Commissioners Discussing No Football In Fall - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1452)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1176)
- Gobert a DPOY Finalist, Mitchell Questionable, Teams Mad At Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 765)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 550)
- Report: Power 5 Conference Commissioners Discussing No Football In Fall - KSL Sports (pageviews: 421)
- BYU Hall Of Fame QB Jim McMahon Announces Upcoming Documentary On His Life - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)