Amy Rodriguez Buries Shot In Back Of Net To Give Utah Royals FC Halftime Advantage
HERRIMAN, Utah – Utah Royals FC forward Amy Rodriguez buried a shot in the back right of the goal to give her squad a 1-0 halftime lead over Sky Blue FC.
Rodriguez and the Royals played Sky Blue FC at Zions Bank Stadium on Saturday, July 4.
The Royals FC forward connected on a strike from the left side of the goal into the back right of the net during the 41st minute of play.
The goal was set up by an assist from Vero Boquete.
Rodriguez’s goal was her first of 2020. It was her 14th goal as a member of Utah Royals FC.
Last season, the Utah striker led the Royals with nine goals. Rodriguez played in all 24 matches in 2019.
Rodriquez has been a member of the Royals since 2018.
The match is Utah’s second of the NWSL Challenge Cup. The Royals played the Houston Dash in their first match of 2020 and posted a 3-3 draw.
Sky Blue FC vs. Utah Royals FC is broadcast via CBS All Access.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)