Amy Rodriguez Buries Shot In Back Of Net To Give Utah Royals FC Halftime Advantage
HERRIMAN, Utah – Utah Royals FC forward Amy Rodriguez buried a shot in the back right of the goal to give her squad a 1-0 halftime lead over Sky Blue FC.
Rodriguez and the Royals played Sky Blue FC at Zions Bank Stadium on Saturday, July 4.
The Royals FC forward connected on a strike from the left side of the goal into the back right of the net during the 41st minute of play.
The goal was set up by an assist from Vero Boquete.
Rodriguez’s goal was her first of 2020. It was her 14th goal as a member of Utah Royals FC.
Last season, the Utah striker led the Royals with nine goals. Rodriguez played in all 24 matches in 2019.
Rodriquez has been a member of the Royals since 2018.
The match is Utah’s second of the NWSL Challenge Cup. The Royals played the Houston Dash in their first match of 2020 and posted a 3-3 draw.
Sky Blue FC vs. Utah Royals FC is broadcast via CBS All Access.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)