Salt Lake City Stars Earns $10,000 Donation For Best Record
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Salt Lake City Stars earned a $10,000 donation for owning the best record in the NBA G-League’s Western Conference. The Stars finished with a franchise-best 30-12 record. The $10,000 will be donated to Represent Justice which the Stars chose as the beneficiary.
“Through stories of hope and redemption, Represent Justice will spur public demand for a fair legal system and dignity for individuals directly impacted by it—disproportionately people of color and the poor,” The release read.
The NBA G League suspended its season on March 12 in light of the COVID-19 epidemic. The remainder of the season was canceled on June 4. The Stars were set to make their consecutive playoff appearance. In December, the Stars won the 2019 MGM Resorts NBA G League Winter Showcase in Las Vegas.
The League also recognized the Wisconsin Herd for earning the top record in the Eastern Conference.
“The Wisconsin Herd and Salt Lake City Stars are exceptional organizations and well deserving of this recognition,” said NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim. “Both teams played with purpose throughout the season to earn their spots at the top of the NBA G League.”
The $10,000 isn’t the Stars only current philanthropic effort. Last week, the organization opened an online auction to benefit the Racial Equality and Inclusion Fund. The team is auctioning signed game-worn jerseys, basketballs, and bobble-heads from Utah Jazz players Rudy Gobert and Joe Ingles. The auction began Thursday and runs through July 2.
According to the organization’s website, the Racial Equality and Inclusion Fund ”is invested in promoting greater understanding of equity, access, and inclusion so that we can support diverse populations that meaningfully impact Utah’s educational system, growing workforce, economy, and quality of life.”
By hosting the auction, the Stars hope to “provide critically needed financial assistance to nonprofit organizations supporting multicultural and underserved communities in Utah.”
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 10696)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2045)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1315)
- Ex-Ute Claims Scalley Used Racial Slur; Reacts To Reinstatement - KSL Sports (pageviews: 788)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 592)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Washington Redskins Announce Franchise 'Will Undergo A Thorough Review Of The Team's Name' (pageviews: 525)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 503)