Utah Jazz C Rudy Gobert Says He’s Not Fully Recovered From COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert said that he has not fully recovered from COVID-19, citing his sense of smell is still not 100 percent.
Gobert was the first NBA player that announced that he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 11 which led to the league shutting down later that evening. Other leagues followed the NBA when Gobert’s test came back positive.
The Jazz big man told the French sports publication L’Equipe that he still hasn’t fully recovered from COVID-19.
“The taste has returned, but the smell is still not 100%. I can smell the smells, but not from afar. I spoke to specialists, who told me that it could take up to a year.”
The NBA will restart the 2019-20 season on July 30 in Orlando with 22 teams that are either in the playoff picture or in contention. The Jazz will face the New Orleans Pelicans in the first game back at 4:30 p.m. MDT on TNT and AT&T SportsNet.
Utah will play eight regular season games to determine playoff seeding before the postseason begins. They will face the Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder, Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies, San Antonio Spurs twice, Denver Nuggets and Dallas Mavericks.
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2920)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1634)
- Football Game Between No. 6 Brighton, No. 13 Skyline Canceled Due To COVID-19 (pageviews: 717)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 693)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Reveals Positive COVID-19 Test Over Summer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 687)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 597)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 595)
- Utah Royals FC Head Coach Craig Harrington, Assistant Coach Placed On Leave By Club (pageviews: 550)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 337)