Former Utah State Football Coach Phil Krueger Passes Away At Age 90
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah State Aggies head football coach Phil Krueger passed away at the age of 90 on Monday, June 22.
Krueger had been living in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
The former Aggies head coach was involved with collegiate and professional football for more than 30 years.
Krueger was Utah State’s head coach from 1973-75. Under Krueger, the Aggies had a record of 21-12 and a 7-2 combined record against BYU, Utah, and Weber State.
As a head coach, Krueger had a 31-22 record. He spent time as the head coach for Fresno State (1964-65) and Utah State.
In addition to being a head coach, he held assistant coaching positions at Long Beach City College, Utah State, Illinois, and USC.
During his time with the Trojans (1966-70), Krueger coached in four Rose Bowl games and was part of USC’s national championship in 1967.
In 1976, Krueger joined the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an assistant coach. After the 1980 season, he moved into the Bucs’ front office. Krueger was named Tampa Bay’s general manager in 1991. He retired one year later.
Krueger was a first lieutenant in the U.S. Army and a Korean War veteran, also earning the Bronze Star.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)