Report: NFL To Close Off First Six To Eight Rows In Stadiums To Protect Players, Coaches
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The NFL will close off the first six to eight rows in stadiums for the 2020 season in order to protect players, coaches and team staff from possible exposure to the coronavirus.
According to Sports Business Daily, the team presidents found out about the move on Tuesday. They will be placing tarps over the first six to eight rows in the stadiums. Teams will be allowed to sell sponsorship which will allow sponsor logos to appear on the tarps for television exposure.
Nothing has been announced on whether NFL teams will be allowed to have fans or not this season.
Sports Business Daily mentioned that there will be restrictions to protect league sponsors. Team naming rights sponsors, local sponsors that don’t conflict with league sponsors and local sponsors that have national deals will have the easiest time complying with the rules.
Any suites that are on the field level will also be off limits this season.
The 2020 NFL season is scheduled to begin on Thursday, September 10 in Kansas City as the defending Super Bowl Champion Chiefs will face the Houston Texans. The game will begin at 6:20 p.m. MT and will be televised on KSL TV.
- MLB, MiLB Announce Official Cancellation Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 3967)
- Morgan Scalley Reinstated As Defensive Coordinator Following Investigation Into 2013 Racial Slur - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2519)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1611)
- Morgan Scalley Gets Emotional During Apology To Players, Colleagues - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1297)
- BYU Asks Football Season Ticket Holders About Potential Safety Factors Amid COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1033)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1027)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 974)
- Former Utah State Mascot Fighting On Frontlines Of Pandemic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 875)
- Utah Royals FC, Houston Dash Kneel During National Anthem - KSL Sports (pageviews: 802)