Utah Basketball Grants Full Release To Signee Caleb Lohner From NLI
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah Athletics Department announced that men’s basketball signee Caleb Lohner has been granted a full release from his National Letter of Intent.
Utah head basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak released the following statement on Monday.
“We are obviously very disappointed in Caleb’s recent decision requesting a release from his NLI,” Krystkowiak said. “However, we will honor his wishes and turn over focus towards the motivated, talented and connected players and coaches that are committed to our program. We look forward to getting back on the court together this fall and return to prominence within the Pac-12.”
Lohner signed his letter of intent to play basketball at Utah on November 13, 2019. The three-star recruit played at Wasatch Academy in Mount Pleasant, Utah. He was the 20th ranked small forward in the country and the second best player in the state of Utah, according to 247.
Reports surfaced last week that Lohner wanted his release from his NLI at Utah in order to join Mark Pope and the BYU basketball program. Lohner has family ties to BYU with his father playing for the Cougars.
This is a big blow for the Utes as Lohner’s ability to score while being a versatile forward was going to have an immediate impact for the Runnin’ Utes this upcoming season.
Utah has already lost two players to the transfer portal in center Matt Van Komen and guard Both Gach.
- MLB, MiLB Announce Official Cancellation Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 3967)
- Morgan Scalley Reinstated As Defensive Coordinator Following Investigation Into 2013 Racial Slur - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2519)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1611)
- Morgan Scalley Gets Emotional During Apology To Players, Colleagues - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1297)
- BYU Asks Football Season Ticket Holders About Potential Safety Factors Amid COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1033)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1027)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 974)
- Former Utah State Mascot Fighting On Frontlines Of Pandemic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 875)
- Utah Royals FC, Houston Dash Kneel During National Anthem - KSL Sports (pageviews: 802)