Former Utah QB Jason Shelley Transfers To Utah State
LOGAN, Utah – Former Utah quarterback Jason Shelley will be heading north to Cache Valley and will join the Utah State Aggies.
Shelley entered the transfer portal on February 7, months after Utah moved him from quarterback to safety. He practiced at safety throughout their bowl preparation for the Alamo Bowl against Texas. Shelley received a waiver from the NCAA and is immediately eligible.
Utah State announced the addition of Shelley on Monday.
With the graduation of Tyler Huntley, Utah turned to Texas transfer Cameron Rising and South Carolina graduate transfer Jake Bentley to take over as the Utes’ next signal caller. Shelley didn’t want to move to defense so he entered his name in the portal.
Shelley, a sophomore from Frisco, Texas, played in 20 games for the Utes from 2018-19 after redshirting in 2017.
In 2018, he played in nine games including starts in Utah’s last four regular-season games and the Holiday Bowl. The Utes went 3-2 in those games.
Shelley finished his Utah career throwing for 1,205 yards, 6 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. He owned a completion percentage of 58.1. In addition, Shelley carried the ball 82 times for 223 yards and 4 touchdowns across his two seasons.
When Shelley initially entered the transfer portal, he sent out the following tweet with his decision.
“After a lot of praying and talking with my family, I have decided to enter my name in the NCAA Transfer Portal,” wrote Shelley. “Thank you coaches for this opportunity to play for the University of Utah these last 3 seasons. I am very grateful for all my teammates/brothers that I have made throughout the years. Lastly, thank you Salt Lake City along with Ute Nation for all the great memories and experiences. However, I believe that God has a plan for everyone, and I am moving onto the new chapter in my life. Forever All Love.”
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2077)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1982)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1411)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1295)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 888)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 705)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 699)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 616)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 597)