2020 NBA Draft Moved From June To October
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Due to the delayed completion of the NBA season, the NBA has moved the league’s 2020 Draft from June to October.
The league has scheduled the Draft for October 15.
Prior to the move, the 2020 NBA Draft was scheduled to take place on June 25.
In addition to moving the Draft, the league rescheduled the 2020 NBA Draft Lottery to August 25. The Draft Lottery was previously scheduled to take place on May 19.
In March, the NBA postponed its 2019-20 season because of the coronavirus pandemic. In recent weeks, the league has discussed multiple options to restart the season, hold a postseason, and crown a champion.
Provided the NBA Player’s Association approves the plan approved by the league’s Board of Governors, the NBA will restart the season in July with 22 of the league’s 30 teams.
Due to the delayed finish of the season, the league needed to move the 2020 NBA Draft Lottery and NBA Draft.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 10696)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2045)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1315)
- Ex-Ute Claims Scalley Used Racial Slur; Reacts To Reinstatement - KSL Sports (pageviews: 788)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 592)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Washington Redskins Announce Franchise 'Will Undergo A Thorough Review Of The Team's Name' (pageviews: 525)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 503)