Joe Ingles Donates At Utah Jazz Blood Drive
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz forward Joe Ingles is supporting the team and the community by donating blood at the blood drive held by the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies and the American Red Cross.
Ingles participated at the week-long event at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
The “Driven to Assist” blood drive is by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until Friday, June 5. LHM Group of Companies and the American Red Cross is encouraging the public to schedule one of the nearly 1,000 available appointments at RedCrossBlood.org, using sponsor code “LHM.”
Be like @Joeingles7
Make a difference by giving blood ♥️
Schedule an appointmenthttps://t.co/jqTqF4VqKv
— Utah Jazz Doing Good (@JazzDoingGood) June 3, 2020
“We know that emergencies and health conditions will continue to impact Utahns during the pandemic,” said Greg Miller, director for the LHM Group. “Just one unit of blood can help as many as three people. If we can do our part to enable blood donations during these five days, we know that we can help save countless lives. Our mission at Larry H. Miller is to enrich lives, and we are happy to be able to open up Vivint Smart Home Arena to provide a safe venue for this act of service.”
If people are interested in donating by Friday, they will need to follow the guidelines set by the LHM Group of Companies and the American Red Cross.
Precautions to ensure the health and safety of staff and donors include:
- Providing temperature checks of staff and donors before entering a drive
- Providing hand sanitizer before entering the drive and during the donation process
- Enforcing social distancing between donors, including in the entry, donation, and refreshment areas
- Ensuring that both staff and donors wear face masks, coverings, or both
- Disinfecting surfaces, equipment, and donor touched areas on a routine basis
- Wearing gloves and changing gloves often
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation
They are encouraging donors to utilize the American Red Cross’ RapidPass® and complete the online, pre-donation questionnaire on the day of their appointment to save up to 15 minutes at the blood drive. To get started, follow the instructions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or use the Blood Donor App, and sponsor code LHM.
For more information, check out this story.
Utah Jazz Scoreboard
Utah Jazz Team Leaders
Utah Jazz Standings