Former Utah RB Zack Moss, DE Bradlee Anae Listed Among Top 20 Instant Impact Rookies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah running back Zack Moss and defensive end Bradlee Anae was listed among the top 20 instant impact rookies by USA Today.
USA Today NFL writer Nate Davis listed 20 incoming rookies that he thought would have an instant impact with their NFL team.
Davis listed Zack Moss at No. 14 and the fourth running back on the list. Moss was taken in the third round with the 86th overall pick by the Buffalo Bills.
Anae came in at No. 18 on the list by USA Today and the second defensive end. The Utah sack king was selected in the fifth round, 179th overall pick by the Dallas Cowboys.
Here is what Davis said about Moss:
“This offense could use a tone setter following the departure of Frank Gore, who led Buffalo with 166 carries in 2019. Moss could certainly step into that breach and provide a physical presence – and perhaps significantly improve on Gore’s 3.6 yards per carry last year – while ceding passing downs to second-year RB Devin Singletary. Definitely potential for a very nifty and highly complementary set of runners.”
Davis said the following about Anae in his ranking:
“At 6-3, 257 pounds, he’s a touch undersized, especially since he lacks elite athleticism to compensate. Yet Anae is a relentless player who was extremely productive against Pac-12 competition over the past three years, amassing 38 TFLs and 27½ sacks in 36 games. Even if Randy Gregory and/or Aldon Smith return to action, Anae could find a rotational role in Dallas and would almost certainly never see a double team given the veteran depth (DeMarcus Lawrence, Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe) already in place. And with no returning player managing more than five sacks last season, the Cowboys will definitely be looking for more production off the edge.”
Here is the full list of the 20 rookies to have an instant impact during the 2020 NFL season.
- Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati Bengals
- Chase Young, DE, Washington Redskins
- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Las Vegas Raiders
- Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota Vikings
- Patrick Queen, LB, Baltimore Ravens
- Michael Pittman Jr., WR, Indianapolis Colts
- D’Andre Swift, RB, Detroit Lions
- Xavier McKinney, S, New York Giants
- Grant Delpit, S, Cleveland Browns
- Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Cam Akers, RB, Los Angeles Rams
- Zack Baun, LB, New Orleans Saints
- Ke’Shawn, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Zack Moss, RB, Buffalo Bills
- Devin Asiasi, TE, New England Patriots
- Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Washington Redskins
- Bryce Hall, CB, New York Jets
- Bradlee Anae, DE, Dallas Cowboys
- K.J. Hill, WR, Los Angeles Chargers
- Rodrigo Blakenship, K, Indianapolis Colts
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)