Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott Suggests Football Season On Track To Start On Original Schedule
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There has been much speculation surrounding the start of the college football season. Nobody, including head coaches and athletic directors across the country, seems to have much of an idea as to what the future holds for their respective programs.
However, Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott, recently suggested on CNN that the Pac-12 could be in a position to start the season on time, late in August.
“If things continue to progress in a positive direction then training camp for football could start as early as late July and we could be on a nice glide path to the start of the college football season at the end of August,” Scott said.
University Of Utah Update
If what Scott said comes to fruition, the notion that Pac-12 teams will only play conference games would not transpire. University of Utah Athletic Director, Mark Harlan, informed Scott Mitchell and Alex Kirry during a recent interview on KSL’s Unrivaled radio program, that he and Tom Holmoe (BYU Athletic Director) have been maintaining communication and are still planning on playing the much-anticipated rivalry game scheduled for September 3rd.
The University of Utah is planning on slowly opening their doors back up beginning on June 1st. Very little detail is known regards to how the Athletic Departement plans on controlling the re-opening.
However, one would assume the athletes will be limited and be required to enter with a mask and gloves before passing a quick temperature check.
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2920)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1634)
- Football Game Between No. 6 Brighton, No. 13 Skyline Canceled Due To COVID-19 (pageviews: 717)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 693)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Reveals Positive COVID-19 Test Over Summer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 687)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 597)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 595)
- Utah Royals FC Head Coach Craig Harrington, Assistant Coach Placed On Leave By Club (pageviews: 550)
- BYU Fans Can Purchase Cutouts Of Themselves To Have Placed At Football Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 337)