How Former Utah DE Bradlee Anae Will Fit In With Dallas Cowboys
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah defensive end Bradlee Anae has a chance to contribute as a rookie for a good football team in the Dallas Cowboys.
Anae was taken by the Cowboys in the fifth round with the 179th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Cowboys play 4-3 defensive scheme with two defensive ends. According to ESPN.com, Anae is the third string left defensive end behind DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory.
He will wear No. 51 for the Cowboys.
Other Defensive Ends On Roster
DeMarcus Lawrence signed a new extension with the Cowboys. His deal runs through the end of the 2021 season but has a two year option for 2022 and 2023. Randy Gregory is entering the final year of his two-year contract.
On the right side, Tyrone Crawford will be in the final year of his contract and will be a free agent after the 2020 season. Aldon Smith just signed a one-year deal with the Cowboys.
Utah’s all-time sack king was the only defensive end that the Cowboys selected in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Anae has not signed a contract with the Cowboys yet. That will happen in the coming weeks. According to Spotrac.com, Anae is projected to make $3,532,772 over the course of his rookie contract. His signing bonus is projected to be worth $237,772 and using an estimated $669,443 of the Cowboys’ cap this season.
The former Ute can negotiate certain portions of his contract but some of it is set in stone because of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement.
Anae falling to the end of the fifth round to the Cowboys was an absolute steal. He will fit in nicely with Dallas and could see some reps as a rookie. If that doesn’t happen, Anae will use his work ethic and athletic ability in practice that will impress the coaches to the point where they won’t need to resign either Aldon Smith or Randy Gregory.
I think what will happen is that Anae will get a little bit of playing time as a rookie but will slide in to the backup role in the 2021 season.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)