Former Utah S Julian Blackmon Reveals Letter From Fourth Grade About Playing In NFL
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When former Utah safety Julian Blackmon was in the fourth grade, he wrote a letter about his dream of playing in the NFL.
On Friday night, his dream came true when the Indianapolis Colts selected Blackmon in the third round, 85th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Blackmon tweeted out the letter on Saturday morning. The letter is titled “What I want to be.”
“Hi! Do you know what football is? If you don’t, just come with me and I’ll tell you what I want to be,” the letter read. “When I grow up I want to be a NFL football player. The reason why I want to be a football player is because I love the game. Another reason is because as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to play football.”
“The way I’ll be able to make it as an NFL player, is first, I need good grades,” the letter continued. “You have to have good grades because if you don’t, you can’t play college football. If you don’t play college football, you don’t have much of a chance to play in the NFL. Another thing you have to do is you have to be good enough at football that the coaches want you to play for their team. The way to do that is practice and play a lot.”
“I always practice with my dad, that’s how I’ve gotten better at it than I used to be,” the letter stated. “I want to be good enough that coaches across the country notice me so that I can get recruited to the NFL. When I get to the NFL I’ll need to work on what the coach needs me to work on. And if I am not good at that then I’ll need to keep working on that until I am good at it. And if I make it I hope you can watch me play. Have fun and I’ll see you soon.”
Blackmon was the second Utah player to be selected in the NFL Draft, behind cornerback Jaylon Johnson who was taken in the second round by the Chicago Bears.
Another great nugget for Blackmon, on Monday he tweeted out a photo of him in a Colts uniform when he played little league football.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)