Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Joins NBA, WNBA, NFL Players In Video Game Tourney
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell joined fellow professional athletes for a Call of Duty video game tournament.
Mitchell participated in the video game live stream on Saturday, April 18.
The Jazz star joined the following in playing the latest edition of the military based video game entitled Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:
- Meyers Leonard (NBA, Miami Heat)
- Juju Smith-Schuster (NFL, Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Josh Hart (NBA, New Orleans Pelicans)
- Semi Ojeleye (NBA, Boston Celtics)
- Aerial Powers (WNBA, Washington Mystics)
- Leonard Fournette (NFL, Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Mario Hezonja (NBA, Portland Trail Blazers)
- Brandon Goodwin (NBA, Atlanta Hawks)
The April 18th video game tournament isn’t the first one the Jazzman has participated in since the NBA season was suspended in mid-March.
Mitchell was a participant in the NBA’s recent 2K video game competition. He also paired up with fellow Jazzman Royce O’Neale for another Call of Duty Tournament in March.
The two Jazzmen both joined professional video gamer, Ninja, in late March for a few games of Call of Duty: Warzone.
Mitchell has found enjoyment in video games and streaming his play online during a hiatus in the NBA season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season on Wednesday, March 11 after Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus disease, COVID-19. Mitchell tested positive for the coronavirus disease on Thursday, March 12, one day after Gobert received a positive test for COVID-19.
The Jazzman spoke about his experience with the virus and what he’s been doing to stay occupied during an interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America on Monday, March 16.
“2k (basketball video game), movies, and I think some of the basketball world saw yesterday,” Mitchell told Roberts. “I’ve been watching some of my old highlights. I’ve been doing a lot of that. I’ve watched myself through college. I’ve watched myself through the NBA. It’s kind of bringing back good memories but you kind of miss the game. You miss playing in front of some of the best fans in the world in the NBA.”
Jazz fans can see Mitchell’s play in the video game tourney on SLAM’s Twitch channel.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)