Green Bay Packers Select Utah State QB Jordan Love With 26th Overall Pick In 2020 NFL Draft
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Green Bay Packers picked former Utah State quarterback Jordan Love with the 26th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Packers traded up from their 30th pick slot and sent that pick to the Miami Dolphins and selected Love.
Love was the 4th quarterback selected in the Draft.
The former Utah State signal-caller is headed to Green Bay to lead an offense that helped the Packers to a 13-3 record in 2019.
Jordan Love’s Collegiate Career
Love joined former Utah State head coach Matt Wells’ program in 2016. USU was the only FBS school to offer Love a scholarship after his career at Liberty High School in Bakersfield, California.
During his first year in Logan, the quarterback sat out as a redshirt.
In 2017, the redshirt-freshman QB played in 12 games including six starts to close out the season. He ended the year completing 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,631 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. Love set a Utah State record for most passing yards by a freshman in a season.
As a sophomore in 2018, Love had a breakout season. The QB completed 64.0 percent of his throws for 3,567 yards, 32 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. He recorded the 10th best passing efficiency (158.3) in the country and threw for the eighth-most passing touchdowns in the nation.
Love’s junior season at Utah State had its ups and downs. Wells left Logan for Texas Tech at the end of 2018 and former Utah State head coach Gary Andersen was hired for a second time to lead the Aggies. Andersen and his staff maintained the previous staff’s offense with Love returning at quarterback. However, the Aggies lost a number of weapons from the 2018 season.
Despite those losses, the Utah State quarterback still recorded a completion percentage of 61.9 percent during his final season in Logan. He threw for 3,402 yards and 20 touchdowns but posted 17 interceptions. Love also set USU single-season school records in both completions and attempts.
In December 2019, Love announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.
He ended his Aggies career with Utah State records of 9,003 yards of total offense and 12 career 300-yard passing games.
Jordan Love’s NFL Combine Results
He measured the following at the NFL Scouting Combine:
Height: 6′ 4″
Weight: 224 lbs.
Arms: 32 5/8″
Hands: 10 1/2″
At the Combine, Love recorded the following results:
40-yard Dash: 4.74 seconds
Vertical Jump: 35.5 inches
Broad Jump: 118.0 inches
3-Cone Drill: 7.21 seconds
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.52 seconds
The 2020 NFL Draft
The 2020 NFL Draft takes place virtually from April 23-25. Click here to learn more about how to watch, stream, or listen to coverage of the Draft.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)