Utah Jazz Guard Jordan Clarkson Shares Message Of Encouragement During Coronavirus Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz guard Jordan Clarkson shared a video message of encouragement during the coronavirus pandemic.
Clarkson shared the video on YouTube on Friday, March 27.
“Yo, what’s up? It’s Jordan Clarkson. Going through, you know, a tough time right now with this virus. Just wanted to wish some encouragement to you guys. Keep staying strong. This time will pass,” said the Jazz guard. “Just keep staying in your house. Staying, you know, distance from people and just enjoy the time that you have in the house with family or friends and you know, we’ll be back stronger than ever and we’ll be back in the Vivint soon. Peace.”
The sixth man is in the middle of his first season with the Jazz. He was traded to Utah by the Cleveland Cavaliers in December 2019.
Since arriving in Utah, Clarkson has led the team’s second-unit in 34 games. He’s averaged 15.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.6 assists in 25.3 minutes per game with the Jazz.
Clarkson joined other members of the Jazz roster who’ve posted messages of positivity and encouragement in recent weeks.
Jazzmen Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, who both tested positive for the coronavirus disease, COVID-19, each shared messages on the NBA’s official Twitter account during their time in self-isolation and quarantine.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth services through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Fellow NBA Head Coaches Paid Tribute To Old Rival, Utah Jazz Legend Jerry Sloan (pageviews: 11588)
- Utah Jazz Legend Jerry Sloan Passes Away At Age 78 (pageviews: 10330)
- Deron Williams, Former Jazz Players React To Passing Of Jerry Sloan - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4948)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4360)
- Unseen Footage Of Karl Malone Discussing Michael Jordan - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3041)
- Brendan Bailey, Son Of Former Jazz Forward Thurl, To Forgo Two Years Of Eligibility, Pursue Pro Career (pageviews: 3018)
- Deron Williams, Former Jazz Players React To Passing Of Jerry Sloan - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2556)
- Utah Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1319)
- Podcast Player Archives - KSL Sports - Cougar Tracks (pageviews: 1229)
- ESPN Names All-Time Utah Jazz Starting Five - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1087)