Tony Finau Partners With Local Charity To Feed At Risk Children At Local Elementary Schools
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Tony Finau, The Tony Finau Foundation and For The Kids announced today that they will be working in tandem to help feed 500 children every week for the next 6 weeks at both the Backman and Liberty Elementary schools to ensure the at-risk children are fed. Tony Finau attended Backman Elementary back when he was growing up in Rose Park.
Starting at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 30, volunteers from For The Kids and The Tony Finau Foundation will meet at For The Kids at 230 South and 500 East, Suite 215 in Salt Lake City. They will be loading 500 bags of food into the For The Kids van and driving to the Greek Orthodox Church to pick up additional donations of meat and poultry.
Then at 11 a.m. half of the food donated will be delivered to Backman Elementary, followed by a visit to Liberty Elementary.
The deliveries on March 30th will include 31,000 meals and snacks for the week, along with hand soap and hygiene kits.
“As a Foundation, we’re excited to partner with For The Kids and help provide relief during an extremely difficult time. Their support of the Rose Park community, where I am from, made this partnership an obvious choice,” Finau said in a statement. “Our hope is that by taking care of and helping these kids and their families, they will get the nourishment they need and feel the spirit of love and community that makes Salt Lake City, and the whole state of Utah, a great place to call home. We encourage anyone that is in a position to do so to look for opportunities to serve your community. We’re all in this together!”
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4304)
- Taysom Hill As New Orleans Saints QB1 Could Be Sooner Than You Think - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2805)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 893)
- Salty 16: Championship: Who Has The Best Fries In The State Of Utah? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 710)
- NCAA Approves Extra Year Of Eligibility For Spring Athletes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 707)
- Possible NFL Landing Spots For Utah DT Leki Fotu - KSL Sports (pageviews: 303)
- (not set) (pageviews: 265)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Reminisced About Greatness Of Jimmer Fredette At BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 234)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Discusses Coronavirus Recovery On Fellow NBA Player's Podcast (pageviews: 184)