Former Utah State LB Kyler Fackrell, Wife Liz Provide Free Meals To Cache Valley Children
LOGAN, Utah – Former Utah State and current New York Giants linebacker Kyler Fackrell and his wife Liz provided free meals to children in Cache Valley during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Fackrell’s contribution to the Northern Utah community gave free meals to kids 18 and under from Thursday, March 19, to Tuesday, March 24.
“We love Cache Valley and have always looked for opportunities to help kids,” Liz said. “We have been very blessed with the success we have had and feel that we should give back to communities, and people that we care about as much as we can. We have felt so much support from the community since leaving Utah State, we hoped to show that same support during this time.”
The couple’s donation helped over 1,600 kids in need.
“Because of COVID-19, we weren’t able to actually be there and help, so they really did the hard part of this service project. They worked overtime to serve our 1,600 meals to kids in the five days that the project was in effect,” Liz said. “We know that our little local restaurants and shops are going to suffer from this quarantine, so we saw it as an opportunity to help them, as well. Hopefully, it encourages people to shop local if it is an option.”
Kyler recently agreed to a one-year deal with the New York Giants. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the linebacker joined the Giants on a deal worth $4.6 million.
Prior to signing with New York, Fackrell was a member of the Green Bay Packers. During his tenure with the Packers, Fackrell recorded 111 tackles, including 21 tackles for loss, 16.5 sacks, one forced fumble and a fumble recovery in 61 games played.
The Packers selected Fackrell in the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Before getting drafted by Green Bay, Fackrell spent four seasons with Utah State. While playing with the Aggies, he posted 253 tackles, 36 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries and two touchdowns in 41 games played in Logan.
- MLB, MiLB Announce Official Cancellation Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 3687)
- Former Utah State Mascot Fighting On Frontlines Of Pandemic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 843)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 804)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 749)
- Utah Royals FC, Houston Dash Kneel During National Anthem - KSL Sports (pageviews: 730)
- BYU Football Defensive Line Training With Former Cougar Great To Improve Pass Rush - KSL Sports (pageviews: 690)
- BYU Basketball Signee Caleb Lohner Cuts Locks, Shows Off New Haircut - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Report: Former Utah Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Receives Final Paycheck From Brooklyn Nets (pageviews: 508)
- Fans Will Appear On Video Boards Around Court In Orlando During NBA Restart Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 393)