Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Recommends Yard Work, Cleaning Garage During Down Time
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Utes head basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak posted video on Twitter to encourage Utes fans and all Utahns during the coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic.
Krystkowiak was in his home with his two daughters sitting next to him.
“We would like to thank our health professionals in Utah and certainly around the world that are trying to come up with a cure for this crazy virus that we have. Better days are ahead,” Krystkowiak said. “The one thing that it has given us an opportunity for, hopefully, is some family time. Putting together some puzzles, plenty of Netflix and some bonding. Just wishing everybody well.”
Krystkowiak turned to his two daughters sitting next to him to give some ideas of preventing the spread of the virus. One said to not go out in big groups. The other said to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer and as she said that lifts a big compartment full of hand sanitizer.
“So, hang in there everybody,” Krystkowiak continued. “Chaotic times right now but better days are ahead. I would recommend some yard, garage projects, clean the closet. Stay busy. As important as anything, go Utes!”
Krystkowiak and the Runnin’ Utes ended their season with a heartbreaking loss to Oregon State in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament before the entire tournament was canceled the next day due to the coronavirus.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth service through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Crimson Corner podcast is the one-stop for all things University of Utah Athletics hosted by Utah insider Trevor Allen. Ute fans will find interviews with current players, coaches, and staff alongside expert analysis of every game, story and angle coming out of the University of Utah.
You can download and listen to the podcast, here.
- BYU To Wear Tradition-Rich Uniform Combination Against LA Tech - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2473)
- BYU After Dark Shifts To Day Time With Announced Kickoff, TV Info For UTSA Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2036)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Shows Up On "Way Too Early Heisman" List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1797)
- BYU Football TV Ratings For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1463)
- Utah Jazz NBA Draft Prospects: BYU Forward Yoeli Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1004)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 999)
- BYU Football TV Ratings For 2020 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 846)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 722)
- BYU To Wear Tradition-Rich Uniform Combination Against LA Tech - KSL Sports (pageviews: 692)