Reports: Former Utah State LB Nick Vigil Signs With Los Angeles Chargers
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Former Utah State and Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Nick Vigil agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Chargers, according to NFL insider Adam Caplan.
Caplan reported Vigil’s move on Tuesday, March 24.
The former Aggies linebacker is headed to Southern California after spending the first four seasons of his NFL career with the Bengals.
During his time with Cincinnati, Vigil record 295 total tackles, 182 solo tackles, 2.0 sacks, and 2 interceptions.
In 2019, the former Bengals LB posted 111 total tackles, 60 solo tackles, 1.0 sacks, and 1 interception.
Vigil joins a Chargers team that finished the 2019 season in last place in the AFC West with a 5-11 record.
Los Angeles enters the 2020 season with a new stadium and a fresh rebrand announced on the same day of Vigil’s agreement with the franchise.
Prior to his professional career, Vigil played high school football at Fremont High and college ball at Utah State.
He was selected by the Bengals with the 87th overall pick in the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)