Utah Jazz Players Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale Playing Against Each Other In Video Game Tournament
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz players Donovan Mitchell and Royce O’Neale face-off against each other in an upcoming video game tournament that the public can stream online.
The Jazzmen are participating in a Call of Duty Modern Warfare tournament put on by SLAM on Saturday, March 21 at 5 p.m. (MDT).
Mitchell’s squad features Meyers Leonard (Miami Heat), Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls), Mario Hezonja (Portland Trail Blazers), and Fatality.
O’Neale has teamed up with Terrence Clarke, Zeno, Ben Simmons (Philadelphia 76ers), Josh Hart (New Orleans Pelicans), and Tahj.
We’re LIVE STREAMING on Twitch at 7pm EST with some of the best hoopers in the first @SLAMftw Call of Duty tournament!!
— SLAM (@SLAMonline) March 21, 2020
Mitchell and O’Neale’s participation in the military-based game tourney comes during a hiatus in the NBA season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season on Wednesday, March 11 after Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus disease, COVID-19. Mitchell tested positive for the coronavirus disease on Thursday, March 12, one day after Gobert received a positive test for COVID-19.
The Jazzman spoke about his experience with the virus and what he’s been doing to stay occupied during an interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America on Monday, March 16.
“2k (basketball video game), movies, and I think some of the basketball world saw yesterday,” Mitchell told Roberts. “I’ve been watching some of my old highlights. I’ve been doing a lot of that. I’ve watched myself through college. I’ve watched myself through the NBA. It’s kind of bringing back good memories but you kind of miss the game. You miss playing in front of some of the best fans in the world in the NBA.”
This finna be very interesting 😂😂
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) March 21, 2020
Jazz fans can stream Mitchell and O’Neale video game tourney on SLAM’s Twitch channel.
- Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
- What We Know And Don’t Know About The Coronavirus
- Four Common Coronavirus Questions Answered
- The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found at our Staying Safe: Coronavirus section.
- Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
How To Get Help
If you’re worried you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professionals. You can also use telehealth service through your healthcare providers.
If you see evidence of PRICE GOUGING, the Utah Attorney General’s Office wants you to report it. Common items in question include toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, certain household cleaners, and even cold medicine and baby formula. Authorities are asking anyone who sees price gouging to report it to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at 801-530-6601 or 800-721-7233. The division can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
Utah Jazz Scoreboard
Utah Jazz Team Leaders
Utah Jazz Standings