Damian Lillard ‘Hopes To Be Back On Floor Soon’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Weber State and current Portland Trail Blazers star guard Damian Lillard posted a video on Twitter to give helpful tips on avoiding the coronavirus also known as COVID-19.
Lillard’s video was posted on the NBA Twitter page while the former Wildcat was holding his son on his lap.
“What’s up everybody, just a reminder to wash your hands, avoid large crowds and if you are sick, quarantine yourself,” Lillard said in the video. “This is only a virus that we can beat together. Hopefully we will be seeing you guys soon and will be back out on the floor.”
Lillard was in the middle of a career-best season with the Blazers, averaging 28.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 7.8 assists per game.
The NBA along with other leagues across the world have canceled or postponed play due to the concerns with COVID-19.
Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found here.
Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a facemask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4304)
- Taysom Hill As New Orleans Saints QB1 Could Be Sooner Than You Think - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2805)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 893)
- Salty 16: Championship: Who Has The Best Fries In The State Of Utah? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 710)
- NCAA Approves Extra Year Of Eligibility For Spring Athletes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 707)
- Possible NFL Landing Spots For Utah DT Leki Fotu - KSL Sports (pageviews: 303)
- (not set) (pageviews: 265)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Reminisced About Greatness Of Jimmer Fredette At BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 234)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Discusses Coronavirus Recovery On Fellow NBA Player's Podcast (pageviews: 184)