Utah’s Own Hockey Prodigy On The Move Through AHL On Hopeful Path To NHL
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Monday was the trade deadline for the American Hockey League (AHL) and Utah’s own Daniel Brickley is on the move.
The Winnipeg Jets made an interesting move to bolster the blueline for their affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, after they lost a defenseman to suspension.
While it can’t be classified as a trade, it really amounts to one.
The Jets reassigned forward Michael Spacek from the Moose to the AHL’s Ontario Reign, while in turn, the Los Angeles Kings reassigned Brickley from the Reign to the Moose.
Even though both players switched AHL teams, their NHL rights still belong to the original club.
Brickley, 24, has appeared in just 11 games with the Reign this season, where he has two assists and a plus-eight rating.
Early in the season, Brickley suffered what was originally termed a “lower-body injury” that seemed to linger for most of the season keeping him out of the lineup. With all of the injuries, trades and rebuilding moves the Kings made this season, this injury could have been a real set back to his career.
Brickley also suited up for five games for the Kings the previous two seasons, and he played with current Moose forward C.J. Suess for three seasons at Minnesota State University Mankato.
The Moose play this Friday and Saturday in Milwaukee, Sunday in Chicago and Brickley plans on being in the lineup.
Brickley went to Skyline High School and is from Sandy, Utah.
Utah Puck Report is a podcast all about Utah hockey, from interviews with NHL stars to which Grizzlies players are about to take the next step, Utah Puck Report has everything for a Utah hockey fan. Find it wherever you find podcasts or on KSLSports.com.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)