Former Bengals: Joe Burrow Should Refuse To Play For Cincinnati
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Scott Mitchell and Jason Buck both played for the Cincinnati Bengals. They agree that former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow should do everything he can to avoid playing for the Bengals.
Burrow is projected to be the first pick the NFL Draft and the Cincinnati Bengals own that first pick.
“It was a nightmare,” said Buck blaming the coaching staff and the administration.
Mitchell, a former Utah quarterback, voluntarily went to the Bengals at the end of his career and said it was the worst decision his agent ever made.
He recalled his agent telling him that he promised to never send him to the Bengals, until one day he called him up and said, “uh, we have to go to the Bengals.”
“If I am Joe Burrow, I don’t go…I just say no I am not going to go to the Cincinnati Bengals,” said Mitchell.
Joe Burrow’s Options To Decline Cincinnati Bengals
Burrow could use the leverage of being the first pick in the Draft. He just needs to refuse to play for the Bengals even if that means going to the XFL, according to Mitchell.
The duo also suggested Burrow could do what Eli Manning did when he was drafted. Manning refused to play for the Chargers, who drafted him as the first pick, forcing a trade with the New York Giants for Phillip Rivers.
“If he wants to have a hall of fame career, Cincinnati is not the place to go,” concluded Buck.
You can hear the rest of Buck and Mitchell’s conversation about the 2020 NFL Draft on Rivals Podcast.
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3688)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2556)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2314)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1993)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1933)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1423)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 1065)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 847)
- NBA Set To Reduce Salaries Of League's Top Executives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 505)