Colin Cowherd Believes Jordan Love Is On The Same Path As Aaron Rodgers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah State quarterback Jordan Love is getting more attention from the national media as a player that teams with solidified quarterbacks should consider because their current signal caller is towards the end of their career.
FOX Sports host Colin Cowherd said on his show “The Herd” that the Green Bay Packers need to take Jordan Love if he is available in the first round of the upcoming NFL Draft.
He gave examples as to why Love would be a great draft pick for the Packers but also that he shares a similar path as to current Packers QB Aaron Rodgers had when he was picked by Green Bay in 2005 and started his career as a backup to Hall of Famer Brett Favre.
Green Bay Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst told the media this week that he would be willing to use his first round pick on a quarterback. Cowherd thinks that Love would be a great fit.
Cowherd made a solid case why the Packers should use their first round pick on the Utah State product.
“Jordan Love is what the NFL looks like,” Cowherd said. “When Green Bay drafted Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre was 35-years-old. Aaron Rodgers is currently 35-years-old. He was talented at Cal but was raw, his mechanics needed a lot of work and he won some.”
Cowherd made the comparison to Love’s situation.
“Jordan Love is raw, his mechanics need work but he is super talented and he won some games but not a lot,” Cowherd mentioned.
The FOX Sports host went on to mention that when Rodgers was picked by the Packers, Favre’s stats were declining. The same goes for Aaron Rodgers this past season.
“Green Bay should draft Jordan Love if he is available,” Cowherd said.
The Packers own the 30th pick in the NFL Draft that will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 23-25.
Joe Burrow Similar To Alex Smith
Rodgers slipped in the 2005 NFL Draft to the 24th pick. He was taken in the same draft the former Utah quarterback Alex Smith was taken with the No. 1 overall pick by the San Francisco 49ers.
“When Aaron Rodgers fell in the draft, remember who went ahead of him?” Cowherd asked. “A young quarterback named Alex Smith who did not have a great arm but was pretty athletic and had a very smart offensive coach in Urban Meyer. He won a lot of games.”
Cowherd went on to mention that Love will fall in the draft because of Joe Burrow from LSU, who is projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft.
“Jordan Love falls to Green Bay,” said Cowherd. “That’s because Joe Burrow, who won a lot of games, who doesn’t have a great arm, pretty athletic, would go ahead of him. I am not saying that Joe Burrow is Alex Smith but they have a lot of similarities.”
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3688)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2556)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2314)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1993)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1933)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1423)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 1065)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 847)
- NBA Set To Reduce Salaries Of League's Top Executives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 505)