Does Quin Snyder Believe In The Yellow Uniform Curse?
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz players and fanbase are ready to say goodbye to the team’s yellow Nike Statement jerseys. After the team’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night, fans and players alike took to social media to badmouth the way the roster performs when wearing one of the five jersey variations on the uniform. Before hosting the Phoenix Suns Monday night, Jazz head coach Quin Snyder offered his two cents on the yellow uniform controversy.
When joking with a local media member about only showing up to post-game press conferences after losses, Snyder also attributed the losses to the jinx of the Statement jerseys.
“You and our yellow uniforms,” Snyder quipped, “Yeah we’re not wearing them anymore, I am going to get as superstitious as our guys.”
The Jazz have seen a noticeable drop in performance when wearing the uniforms, coincidence or not. According to the twitter account @JazzUniTracker which documents the team’s record based on which uniform the team is wearing, the Yellow jerseys account for a significant number of team’s losses this season.
The Jazz are just 1-7 this season when wearing the yellow jerseys, their only sub .500 record in any uniform this season.
On the flip side, the Jazz are a perfect 10-0 when wearing the blue Icon jersey.
KSL Sports Jeremiah Jensen tweeted about the team’s play while donning the uniforms, and for at least temporarily had the endorsement of Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell. According to a screenshot from the Jazz Nation Facebook account.
Despite initially joking, about the uniforms relationship to how the team has performed in yellow, Snyder backed off of his superstitions.
“Somehow I don’t think that’s it,” Snyder said.
The Jazz are set to once again suit up in the yellow uniforms on March 13 against the New Orleans Pelicans. The team is scheduled to wear the uniforms a total of four times before the season ends, including matchups against the Minnesota Timberwolves, Atlanta Hawks, and Phoenix Suns.
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3688)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2556)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2314)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1993)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1933)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1423)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 1065)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 847)
- NBA Set To Reduce Salaries Of League's Top Executives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 505)