Curious Curse Of Gold ‘Statement’ Jerseys Continues For Utah Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – After not playing in their “Statement” jerseys for over two and a half months, the Utah Jazz sported the gold against the San Antonio Spurs and lost.
The Jazz have worn the Statement jerseys less than any other jersey this season. After the loss to the Spurs, Utah now owns a 1-7 record wearing gold.
The Jazz first wore the Statement jerseys this season when they played on the road against the Sacramento Kings on November 1, 2019. The Kings beat the Jazz 102-101.
Two games later on November 6, Utah picked up its only win of the season in the gold by defeating the Philadelphia 76ers 106-104 at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Since beating the Sixers, the Jazz have dropped six straight games wearing their Statement jerseys. Five of those losses game came during a ten-game stretch where the Jazz fell six times.
Before Utah’s 113-104 loss to San Antonio on February 21, the last time the Jazz wore the gold uniforms was on December 2, 2018, in a 103-94 loss to the 76ers in the “City of Brotherly Love.”
The Statement jerseys are Utah’s only uniform variation to own a losing record this season.
Here are the Jazz’s records by uniform:
- Association (white): 11-6
- Icon (blue): 10-0
- Classic (purple mountains): 7-2
- City (sunset): 7-4
- Statement (gold): 1-7
Future Games Wearing Statement Jerseys
Utah isn’t scheduled to play again in the Statement jerseys until Friday, March 13 in a home game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
In addition to the game against the Pelicans, the Jazz are scheduled to wear the gold jerseys three more times this season.
- vs. Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday, March 20
- vs. Atlanta Hawks on Saturday, March 28
- @ Phoenix Suns on Saturday, April 11
Utah was originally scheduled to play 16 games in the Statement jerseys during the regular season. After scheduling adjustments, the Jazz will finish the 2019-20 regulars season having worn the gold jerseys 12 times.
Statement Jerseys Introduced
The Jazz first introduced the gold jerseys prior to the 2017-18 season. It’s the first jersey in franchise history to feature gold as the primary color.
As part of the NBA’s new deal with Nike, the Jazz also released the current versions of the Association, Icon, and City edition jerseys beginning with the 2017-18 season.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)