Utah State Eyes Fourth Straight Win, Season Sweep Of Fresno State
FRESNO, Calif. – The Utah State men’s basketball looks for its fourth consecutive late-season victory along with a season sweeping win in a matchup with the Fresno State Bulldogs.
The Aggies travel to NorCal to take on the Bulldogs at Save Mart Center on Saturday, February 15.
Utah State enters the second meeting of the 2019-20 slate against Fresno State with three straight victories over UNLV, Boise State, and Colorado State. The Aggies have posted five streaks of three or more wins this season.
In the first matchup of the season between Utah State and Fresno State, the Aggies escaped overtime with a 77-70 win over the Bulldogs at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum in Logan.
The Aggies shot the ball poorly against the Bulldogs.
Utah State shot 35 percent for the game and 21.1 percent on shots from three-point range.
Aggie center Neemias Queta played his first minutes of the 2019-20 season against the Bulldogs after missing USU’s first nine games recovering from injury. Queta posted 6 points, 1 rebound, and a block in 10 minutes against Fresno State.
USU guard Sam Merrill led the Aggies with 24 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and a steal. Merrill finished the game shooting 9-16 on field goals including 2-4 from downtown.
Utah State Aggies
Merrill enters the second meeting against Fresno State averaging 18.4 points per game on 43.8 percent shooting.
Utah State owns a 20-7 (9-5 Mountain West) record this season. The Aggies currently sit in second place in the Mountain West Conference standings.
Fresno State Bulldogs
Fresno State enters the matchup with a 9-16 record including 5-9 in conference play. In their last game, the Bulldogs defeated the San Jose State Spartans 84-78 in overtime. Prior to the win, Fresno State had suffered back-to-back losses against Colorado State and UNLV.
The Bulldogs are led by freshman Orlando Robinson’s 13.1 points per game on 49.3 percent shooting this season.
The Aggies and Bulldogs are scheduled to tip-off on Saturday, February 15 at 8 p.m. (MDT). The game will broadcast on ESPNU.
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4712)
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3267)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 3033)
- Utah Jazz Players Kneel During National Anthem Prior To Tipping Off Against New Orleans Pelicans (pageviews: 1611)
- Utah Football Will Open 2020 Season At Washington State, Releases Full 10-Game Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1322)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 1199)
- BYU Partnering With Big 12 Conference In 2020 Would Be Dream Scenario - KSL Sports (pageviews: 949)
- BYU Partnering With Big 12 Conference In 2020 Would Be Dream Scenario - KSL Sports (pageviews: 844)
- Post Malone Sports Utes Hat On Joe Rogan’s Podcast, Explains Why He Loves Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 753)