UEFA Bans Man City From Champions League For 2 Seasons
LONDON — UEFA has banned Manchester City from the Champions League for two seasons for “serious breaches” of financial regulations.
The Abu Dhabi-owned English Premier League champion has also been fined 30 million euros ($33 million) in an investigation that was sparked by leaks showing City overstated sponsorship revenue.
The punishment prevents City from playing in any European competition, including the Europa League, until the 2022-23 season.
“The adjudicatory chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and financial fair play regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016,” UEFA said in a statement.
City said it would appeal against the sanctions, criticizing a “flawed” process.
“This is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA,” the club said. “With this prejudicial process now over, the club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.”
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 8669)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1923)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1013)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 834)
- Documentary Chronicles Stockton And Malone's Careers, Shortcomings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 702)
- Mark Pope Continues To Amaze, May Be 'Most Interesting' Man Alive - KSL Sports (pageviews: 688)
- Eight Of BYU's 2020 Opponents Ahead Of Cougars In Early Rankings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 619)
- Gavin Baxter Is A Player To Watch For BYU Against Santa Clara's Big Frontcourt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 434)