Thunderbirds Unable To Rally In Second Half Against Sacramento State
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The Southern Utah men’s basketball team suffered a 12-point halftime deficit and was unable to climb back in the second half against the Sacramento State Hornets.
The Thunderbirds played against the Hornets at The Nest on Thursday, February 13.
After falling behind 37-25 in the first half, Southern Utah responded with 30 points in the second half but allowed Sacramento State to score 33 points to win 70-55 over the T-Birds.
Southern Utah was led by Andre Adams’ 15 points on 5-8 shooting including 5-7 from the foul stripe.
Thunderbirds guard Cameron Oluyitan added 11 points, 4 rebounds, and an assist.
Dwayne Morgan scored 11 points off of the bench in the loss.
Southern Utah finished the game shooting 31.9 percent from the field and 23.5 percent from three.
Sacramento State shot 42.3 percent for the game including 43.8 percent from behind the arc.
The Hornets had three players score in double figures. Sacramento State guard Izayah Mauriohooho-Le’af had 21 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and a steal to lead the Hornets.
With the win, Sacramento State improved to 13-10 on the season and 6-8 in Big Sky Conference games.
Southern Utah fell to 14-10 overall and 7-6 in conference play.
The Thunderbirds’ next game is against the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks on Saturday, February 15 at 4 p.m. (MDT). Southern Utah fell to Northern Arizona 75-72 in the first meeting of the season.
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3236)
- What NBA Return Means For The Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1669)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1135)
- BYU Football DC Ilaisa Tuiaki Excited For Returning Personnel Plus Rising Newcomers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 972)
- Former BYU Football Coach, Receiver Speak About George Floyd's Death, Impact Moving Forward (pageviews: 490)
- Report: NBA Plans To Return With 22 Teams, 8 Regular Season Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 356)
- Former Utah Heisman Trophy Finalist Quarterback Lee Grosscup Passes Away At Age 83 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 298)
- LeBron James, Drew Brees At Odds Over Colin Kaepernick - KSL Sports (pageviews: 296)
- Nedum Onuoha: 'I Never Go Out And Feel 100 Percent Safe' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 242)