Top 10 Quotes From Former Utah, NFL DB Eric Weddle
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah Utes and NFL defensive back Eric Weddle announced his decision to retire from the National Football League via Twitter.
Weddle played 13 seasons in the NFL. He was selected by the San Diego Chargers with the 37th overall pick in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The six-time Pro Bowler played for the Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, and Los Angeles Rams during his career.
Weddle was known for his outstanding play, impressive beard, and great personality.
Here are the top quotes of his excellent career:
10. Retirement Announcement
“It’s been REAL NFL, Chargers, Ravens, and Rams! TEAMMATES, COACHES, and others I LOVE y’all. We had a GREAT RUN!!!!! #BEARDOUT” – Weddle posting his decision to retire from the NFL on Twitter on February 6, 2020.
“Praying won’t help my brotha. Sorry guys.” – Weddle to former BYU and current New England Patriots linebacker Kyle Van Noy prior to Utah’s 30-12 win in Provo.
8. Joint-practice between Rams and Chargers
“I love and have the utmost respect for him and all the player that I used to play with. It was fun to get out there on the practice field and compete and it makes each other better.” – Weddle on his former team the Los Angeles (San Diego) Chargers and former teammate Phillip Rivers in August 2019.
“When are u gonna learn that it isn’t about you. Never was and never will be. Got a game to get ready for. Good luck my guy!” – Weddle to former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown after he was released by the New England Patriots in September 2019.
6. Rams Signing
“I haven’t hit my prime yet, so you guys get ready.” – Weddle after signing with Los Angeles Rams in March 2019.
5. Birth of Weddle’s Beard
“It’s come in even and uh shoot! We’ll see where it goes. I might be sporadic and just cut it or let it grow. We’re winning, it’s gonna be there and be full.” – Weddle on his new beard and its relation to the Ravens’ success on the field.
4. 2015 Pro Bowl
“We’re trying to work (Mike) Tirico. We’re trying to work!” – said Weddle to the former ESPN and current NBC sports broadcaster who was in the middle of an interview on the field.
Later, Weddle was asked by a coach on the field about his college career. “Where did you play? Wyoming?” said the coach. “What coach? That’s disrespectful! Utah!” Weddle responded emphatically.
3. Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 2018
“What’d I say last week?! What’d I say? These ain’t the same Ravens. Gosh dang it!” – Weddle after the Ravens beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in September 2018 after losing three straight to the division rival.
2. Sunday Night Football Pregame Introduction
“Eric Weddle. University of Utah. The Real U,” said Weddle during his pregame introductory video on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.
1. Honored to play BYU
“We are honored to play them. You know, they’re doing so many great things. Just excited to even play against a great team like that.” – Weddle sarcastically talking about Utah’s rival BYU in 2006.
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 8669)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1923)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1013)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 834)
- Documentary Chronicles Stockton And Malone's Careers, Shortcomings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 702)
- Mark Pope Continues To Amaze, May Be 'Most Interesting' Man Alive - KSL Sports (pageviews: 688)
- Eight Of BYU's 2020 Opponents Ahead Of Cougars In Early Rankings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 619)
- Gavin Baxter Is A Player To Watch For BYU Against Santa Clara's Big Frontcourt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 434)