Sam Merrill And His (almost) 2k Points Goes 1-on-1 With The Scotsman
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah State avenged their earlier loss to Boise State with 70-61, slugfest of a win Saturday night at the Spectrum.
The night celebrated 50 years of the Spectrum and was the 55th anniversary of Wayne Estes eclipsing 2,000 career points.
Another Aggie had that same opportunity.
Sam Merrill came into the game 21 points shy of 2,000 career points and what a story it would have been to be able to complete that feat on the very night an Aggie legend did the same 55 years previous.
However, Merrill got into early foul trouble and sat for over 13 minutes in the second half. He ended the game with 15 points, 6 shy of the magic number and the storybook ending.
Merrill was still kind enough to stick around after the game and talk to me about the pressure of 2,000 points, his legacy as an Aggie, and some of his favorite shots along the way to 2,000.
Listen to the full interview on The Scotsman below.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)