Sam Merrill And His (almost) 2k Points Goes 1-on-1 With The Scotsman
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah State avenged their earlier loss to Boise State with 70-61, slugfest of a win Saturday night at the Spectrum.
The night celebrated 50 years of the Spectrum and was the 55th anniversary of Wayne Estes eclipsing 2,000 career points.
Another Aggie had that same opportunity.
Sam Merrill came into the game 21 points shy of 2,000 career points and what a story it would have been to be able to complete that feat on the very night an Aggie legend did the same 55 years previous.
However, Merrill got into early foul trouble and sat for over 13 minutes in the second half. He ended the game with 15 points, 6 shy of the magic number and the storybook ending.
Merrill was still kind enough to stick around after the game and talk to me about the pressure of 2,000 points, his legacy as an Aggie, and some of his favorite shots along the way to 2,000.
Listen to the full interview on The Scotsman below.
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Says 'Everybody's Conditioning' Entering Bubble Is 'A Big Standout' (pageviews: 1622)
- Washington’s NFL Team Drops ‘Redskins’ Name After 87 Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 886)
- Former Utah QB Jason Shelley Transfers To Utah State - KSL Sports (pageviews: 600)
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 594)
- Rio Tinto Stadium, Real Monarchs SLC To Host First Sporting Event With Fans In U.S. Since March 11 (pageviews: 556)
- Fans Attend First Pro Team Event Since March 11 As Real Monarchs Fall In Opening Match Of 2020 (pageviews: 527)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 449)
- Jordan Clarkson, Tony Bradley Will Wear 'Peace' On Back Of Jersey When NBA Season Restarts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 417)
- PGA Tour Golfer Tony Finau Breaks Course Record At Victory Ranch Golf Club In Park City (pageviews: 415)