Craig Harrington Named New Head Coach Of Utah Royals FC
SANDY, Utah – Craig Harrington is the new head coach of the Utah Royals FC, the team announced during a press conference on Friday.
“I am very grateful to Dell Loy Hansen and Stephanie Lee for this opportunity and I can’t wait to get started on repaying their faith in my vision for the future of the club,” Harrington said. “I enjoyed my time in Chicago and the run to the championship game but making the move to Utah Royals FC was an easy decision for one key reason: potential. The ambition of the club, combined with the hunger and talent of the players, is a powerful mix. I am passionate about success and I am ready to bring that mentality to the Royals, every day.”
Harrington, who hails from Middlesex, England, joins the Royals following stints as an academy coach in the Bay area and more recently an assistant coach with fellow NWSL club Chicago Red Stars. Harrington has also managed on the international level, from 2013 to 2016, he managed Turks and Caicos.
This will be the first head coaching role Harrington has had in the NWSL.
Prior to his coaching career, Harrington played in England with Swindon Town and Oxford United. He has been surrounded by the world game his entire life.
“We are excited to welcome Craig to the RSL family. Our biggest priorities in this search were to find someone who understands the competitive level of this League, and who will continue to build upon the Royal’s established principles and style of play,” General Manager Stephanie Lee said. “We selected Craig because he not only demonstrated his knowledge of both those elements but because he believes in building a holistic vision and plan of what we want the Royals to look like and build upon, creating a true organizational identity that aligns with Dell Loy’s vision of globally & locally progressing women’s football.”
The coaching staff will look somewhat different than years prior. Assistant coaches Amy LePeilbet and Jason Batty will remain on staff. However, Scott Parkinson, “who served the past two years as an Assitant Coach and briefly as the Interim Head Coach, has parted ways with Utah.”
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Says 'Everybody's Conditioning' Entering Bubble Is 'A Big Standout' (pageviews: 1622)
- Washington’s NFL Team Drops ‘Redskins’ Name After 87 Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 886)
- Former Utah QB Jason Shelley Transfers To Utah State - KSL Sports (pageviews: 600)
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 594)
- Rio Tinto Stadium, Real Monarchs SLC To Host First Sporting Event With Fans In U.S. Since March 11 (pageviews: 556)
- Fans Attend First Pro Team Event Since March 11 As Real Monarchs Fall In Opening Match Of 2020 (pageviews: 527)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 449)
- Jordan Clarkson, Tony Bradley Will Wear 'Peace' On Back Of Jersey When NBA Season Restarts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 417)
- PGA Tour Golfer Tony Finau Breaks Course Record At Victory Ranch Golf Club In Park City (pageviews: 415)