Tony Finau Drains Putt On 16th Hole, Honors Kobe Bryant With Celebration
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Utah native and PGA Tour professional Tony Finau sank a long putt on the 16th hole while wearing a No. 8 Kobe Bryant Lakers jersey.
After he nailed the putt, Finau did a basketball shooting motion to symbolize Bryant’s career.
Finau sank the putt just outside of the green to give him a birdie on the hole and putting his score to -5.
Bryant and 8 others tragically died on Sunday morning in a helicopter crash in Southern California.
Finau wore the jersey for just the 16th hole. Before he teed off on the hole, the crowd was chanting “Kobe” as Finau was encouraging the chant. The Rose Park native finished the second round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open five-under par. For the tournament, he is currently tied for fourth place at seven-under par.
Growing up, Finau has been a big fan of Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers despite being from Utah.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4920)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 1145)
- Mitchell, Gobert Give Back To Community At All-Star Weekend - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1087)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1064)
- With Dalton Nixon Likely Out, BYU Takes On Struggling San Diego - KSL Sports (pageviews: 966)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Wins Before All-Star Break By Defeating Heat (pageviews: 620)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 598)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- BYU Linebacker Chaz Ah You Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI - KSL Sports (pageviews: 511)