BYU Hockey Blows Out UVU In First Game Of Wasatch Cup
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – For the first game of the Wasatch Cup, BYU blew out UVU, 11-1.
The Wasatch Cup is an annual tournament featuring college hockey teams from the state of Utah. The University of Utah is hosting the tournament at the Salt Lake Sports complex, but last night’s game between BYU and Utah Valley was in Provo.
It was a team effort by BYU, with more than six players contributing goals.
BYU is the defending tournament champion. After a decent season last year, the Cougars surprised everyone by winning the Wasatch Cup and then the Mountain West Conference. As of right now, the Cougars are sitting just outside of the playoffs and need wins and to probably once again win the conference to get into national contention.
The tournament continues tonight in Salt Lake. BYU will play Weber State at 4:30 p.m. Utah will play Utah State at 7:30 p.m.
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Says 'Everybody's Conditioning' Entering Bubble Is 'A Big Standout' (pageviews: 1622)
- Washington’s NFL Team Drops ‘Redskins’ Name After 87 Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 886)
- Former Utah QB Jason Shelley Transfers To Utah State - KSL Sports (pageviews: 600)
- UHSAA Unanimously Approves Fall Sports, Activities Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (pageviews: 594)
- Rio Tinto Stadium, Real Monarchs SLC To Host First Sporting Event With Fans In U.S. Since March 11 (pageviews: 556)
- Fans Attend First Pro Team Event Since March 11 As Real Monarchs Fall In Opening Match Of 2020 (pageviews: 527)
- Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden Says Allegiant Stadium Is 'The Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen' (pageviews: 449)
- Jordan Clarkson, Tony Bradley Will Wear 'Peace' On Back Of Jersey When NBA Season Restarts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 417)
- PGA Tour Golfer Tony Finau Breaks Course Record At Victory Ranch Golf Club In Park City (pageviews: 415)