Utes, Trojans Honor Kobe Bryant By Wearing No. 8, 24 Warm-Up Shirts
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – It’s the first game that the Utah Utes and the USC Trojans will play since the passing of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
Bryant and 8 others including his 13-year-old daughter were tragically killed in a helicopter crash on Sunday morning in Southern California.
The Utes are wearing warm-up shirts with either No. 8 or No. 24 with the last name Bryant on the back of their shirts.
USC is doing something similar but on the front of their shirts, it says “Fight On Forever.”
Both teams also wrote messages on their shoes in honor of Kobe and Gianna.
Also, USC created two jersey’s, one with No. 24 and one with the No. 2 that were hanging over two spots on their courtside seats with flowers on the seat. No. 24 represents Kobe’s number and No. 2 was Gianna’s number.
Earlier this week at his weekly press conference, Utah Utes head coach Larry Krystkowiak brought a Kobe Bryant Lakers jersey on a hanger and hung it on the podium while he was addressing the media.
Before the game between Utah and USC, they held a moment of silence lasting 24.8 seconds.
- BYU Basketball's Gavin Baxter To Have MRI On Injured Knee - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2951)
- Former BYU Forward Yoeli Childs Officially Signs With Washington Wizards (pageviews: 1169)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 1074)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1072)
- Donovan Mitchell: Contract 'A Relief', Wants Championship In Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 849)
- Podcasts Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 779)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 728)
- Four-Star Timpview DE Logan Fano Commits To BYU Over Utah, Washington - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Former Ute Garett Bolles Signs Four-Year Contract Extension With Denver Broncos (pageviews: 652)