Utah Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Named 2020 NBA All-Stars
Jan 30, 2020, 4:23 PM | Updated: Feb 7, 2020, 12:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The NBA announced that Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert and guard Donovan Mitchell were selected as a 2020 NBA All-Stars.
Gobert and Mitchell were voted as an NBA All-Star reserves by coaches from the Western Conference.
This is the first all-star selection for both players.
View this post on Instagram
The Jazz haven’t had an all-star selection since 2017 when former Jazzman and current Boston Celtics forward Gordon Hayward was named as a reserve.
This is the first time Utah has had two players selected since 2007 when Mehmet Okur and Carlos Boozer were named NBA All-Stars.
Gobert and Mitchell are two of seven reserves selected from the Western Conference.
— NBA (@NBA) January 31, 2020
The Jazz are off to one of the best starts in franchise history led by Gobert and Mitchell’s stellar play.
Utah owns a 32-15 record this season.
Gobert This Season
This season, the seven-year big man from France is recording a career-high in rebounds per contest.
Through 45 games this season, Gobert is averaging 15.7 points, 14.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 2.0 blocks.
Gobert tweeted that he was “very grateful” for the all-star nod.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) January 31, 2020
Mitchell This Season
The third-year guard currently ranks No. 13 among NBA players in scoring.
Through 46 games this season, Mitchell is averaging 25.0 points, 4.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 1.2 steals.
View this post on Instagram
Other Jazz All-Stars
Gobert and Mitchell are the 12th and 13th players in Utah Jazz history to make the NBA All-Star team.
Previous Jazzmen selected as all-stars were:
- Pete Maravich
- Adrian Dantley
- Rickey Green
- Karl Malone
- John Stockton
- Mark Eaton
- Andrei Kirilenko
- Carlos Boozer
- Mehmet Okur
- Deron Williams
- Gordon Hayward
Donovan and Rudy become the 12th and 13th players in @utahjazz history to be named #NBAAllStar
— Jeremiah Jensen (@JJSportsBeat) January 30, 2020
Western Conference Starters
- LeBron James (captain) – Frontcourt – Los Angeles Lakers
- Anthony Davis – Frontcourt – Los Angeles Lakers
- Kawhi Leonard – Frontcourt – Los Angeles Clippers
- Luka Dončić – Guard – Dallas Mavericks
- James Harden – Guard – Houston Rockets
Western Conference Reserves
- Russell Westbrook – Guard – Houston Rockets
- Damian Lillard – Guard – Portland Trail Blazers
- Donovan Mitchell – Guard – Utah Jazz
- Rudy Gobert – Frontcourt – Utah Jazz
- Nikola Jokić – Frontcourt – Denver Nuggets
- Chris Paul – Guard – Oklahoma City Thunder
- Brandon Ingram – Frontcourt – New Orleans Pelicans
Eastern Conference Starters
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (captain) – Frontcourt – Milwaukee Bucks
- Pascal Siakam – Frontcourt – Toronto Raptors
- Joel Embiid – Frontcourt – Philadelphia 76ers
- Kemba Walker – Guard – Boston Celtics
- Trae Young – Guard – Atlanta Hawks
Eastern Conference Reserves
- Jimmy Butler – Frontcourt – Miami Heat
- Ben Simmons – Guard – Philadelphia 76ers
- Khris Middleton – Guard – Milwaukee Bucks
- Jayson Tatum – Frontcourt – Boston Celtics
- Domantas Sabonis – Frontcourt – Indiana Pacers
- Kyle Lowry – Guard – Toronto Raptors
- Bam Adebayo – Frontcourt – Miami Heat
Mitchell and Gobert will play in the All-Star Game on Sunday, February 16 at 6 p.m. (MDT). The game will broadcast on TNT.
Utah Jazz Scoreboard
Utah Jazz Team Leaders
Utah Jazz Standings