Flowers, Lakers Hat, Basketball Placed Next To Jazz Statue In Honor of Kobe Bryant
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Flowers, a Los Angeles Lakers hat, a basketball, and a note were placed next to the J-Note statue outside of Vivint Smart Home Arena in honor of Kobe Bryant.
Bryant passed away in a helicopter crash in California on the morning of Sunday, January 26.
A few hundred feet outside of the arena where the Utah Jazz play, items were placed in honor of the basketball legend and his daughter, Gianna “Gigi” who passed away on Sunday morning.
The Jazz organization issued a statement on Sunday afternoon after Bryant’s passing.
“We are shocked and saddened to learn about today’s tragedy involving Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna,” the Jazz wrote.
The basketball placed outside the arena had “Dear Kobe and Gigi” written on it.
The note next left next to the statue said: “Utah Jazz will so miss you, Kobe!”
Droves of people gathered outside of Staples Center, the home of the Lakers, in Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon.
Fans brought flowers, jerseys, and other items to honor Bryant and his daughter.
Bryant was 41 years old. His daughter was 13.
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 5828)
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 5110)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 2981)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2196)
- Jimmer Fredette Made BYU Fans Go Crazy Before Gonzaga Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2142)
- BYU Students Form 'Tent City' Leading Up To Big Game Against No. 2 Gonzaga - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1824)
- Led By Yoeli Childs, No. 23 BYU Upsets No. 2 Gonzaga On Senior Night (pageviews: 1406)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 964)
- Two More Women Claim Utah Football Player Sexually Assaulted Them (pageviews: 884)